Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Walking in between the Worlds - living a charmed life

Do you trust your inner compass? Two weeks ago, I was preparing to travel to NYC for the first time in my life. Not only was I going to a city I´ve never been before but I was going by myself to attend an advanced mediumship class. The combination of all these factors made this trip a magical time.  I wondered whether the spirits will show up. What if I can´t connect at that time.... What if it does not work.... I also wondered about the city and how safe it was for me to be walking around by myself. Then I realized I come from a big city, Buenos Aires is not a tea party and you are trained to be aware of your surroundings. I thought I could do New York. Since I moved to the US 14 years ago, I always compared Buenos Aires to New York as San Francisco is a gentler city. I still remember when I came to San Francisco for the first time and people would say hi to me and I would look at them like... why are you talking to me? What do you want? and I would grab my purse closer to me. Life is a funny game of reversals. Now I found myself in NYC and I would be the smiling Californian one and people would look at me as I had looked at those San Francisco people the first time I came to this country. 

I landed in New Jersey, picked up my car and decided to go to the Liberty Statue Park. Little did I know it was so cold and there wouldn´t be a soul in this park by the time I arrived there. My only companion was a geese and we looked at each other as why are you here dude? Don´t you see the storm is coming? My intention was to see the Statue of Liberty as I landed. This day was my mom´s anniversary, she´s been gone from her physical form for 11 years now. I walked the desolated park feeling the spirits around and knowing the people that had walked the path before. Those who were looking for freedom. I know when I landed in this country I was looking for freedom, for opportunity, for a land of dreams. 

As I headed back to Pompton Lakes, I left the big city behind and head to the lakes, forest and countryside. I felt more comfortable with this vibration than then hectic city style. The monkey in my head would say.. you are too old for that! I checked in the hotel and decided to find a sushi place close to the hotel. If  you know me, you know there are two things I look for when I travel, one is sushi and the other one is food from Argentina. I arrived to the Sushi restaurant and I placed my order. Would you imagine that they did not sell any alcohol in this restaurant? When I said I´d like a glass of wine, the lady told me that I should get my wine from the liquor store next door. It took me a while to understand I had to go purchase the wine next door then come back. I did so and I laughed at myself thinking... note for self... bring our liquor in your bag if you want wine with  your meal in Pompton Lakes. 

The next day was my adventure day, I decided to drive to the city and explore. I had picked a park and drive station and I was set to go but before I left, I asked my guides and angels to make sure I was protected and I also let them know I was open for any suggestions they may have. I set up my phone with the directions and started driving. My GPS said I had 25 more minutes to go when I saw a park and ride sign. I took a deep breath and asked, should I park there? Then I got a yes so I took action. I got to the parking lot and found a space. Map in hand and trying to figure everything out, I faced the machine, put my credit card and got my ticket... well I got my parking ticket if it wasn´t for the angel behind me that told me the bus ticket came after the parking ticket. I got my tickets and took a picture of the station as well as got a schedule for the bus that would bring me back to my rental car. For one split second I allowed fear to take over and wondered what if I could not find my way back. It only lasted one second, then I found myself on the bus on my way to the big apple!

I arrived at the central bus station and as I got off the bus, I could feel the vibration of the people. Hectic, nervous, busy... all of the above. That was the moment I realized I am not a city girl anymore. I can deal with the city energy but I can not live there. As I pulled my map and my book I tried figure out where I was. I started walking and a girl hit my back and gave me $2 that she said I dropped. I said thank you and put them in my bag as I knew they were not mine but I was not going to argue with her. I had several destinations marked in my map that I wanted to see so I set off into my walking adventure. I started with the public library, then the Chrysler building, then the United Nations, then Saint Patrick´s cathedral where I left the $2 I got before and lit a candle to Saint Theresa. The magic continue all day long as I would just find the places on my map by chance. I almost got a lift to take me to Wall Street but decided to cancel it and take the subway, another adventure! I kept telling myself... I have phenomenal coping skills... my students would understand this saying for sure. Fear came and left and was back into feeling excited about this adventure. This trip was meant to be a guided trip, not because I had a tourist guide but I had the Angels on my side. I got to the subway and magically got to 9/11 memorial. The vibration of that place was too much as my tears started coming down. I had to get out of there.... kept walking trying to find Wall Street but ended up going up a different direction to reach the Brooklin bridge. I walked the bridge and felt great! I love bridges! My adventure was about 15 miles long and somehow I got back to my car even when feared I would not find it. I even made it to the event in the Church that night... I kept telling the universe... If I am meant to be there, make it happen... I follow. I made it!

The class was not piece of cake. I still remember the first reading practice when we did not even have a meditation or anything, just connect! Thank Goddess I was able to connect. This class really pushed me out of my comfort zone.  One of my friends asked me what I learned on the first day and I responded, I talked to dead people! I am not the usual friend for sure! 

After the first class, I decided to go try the Argentinean place. Little did I know this place was also a place where you had to bring your own wine! New Jersey was trying to keep me clean and sober for sure! The restaurant was nice but there were 5 waiters, all Latin men, and I seemed to be the center of attention. If you know me, you know I don´t like to be the center of attention but in here, I decided to play along and tap into their range of vibration. It was a fun experience as I could feel their anxiety and I made it a game. I may look like in my 20s but I am almost 40 so it was an interesting experience to say. Believe me when I say it was easy after trying to connect with Spirit cold turkey!

Day 2 of the class was as interesting as day 1! Definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone but also showed me the areas I need to work on so I was deeply grateful for all my guidance that brought me here. It was an amazing adventure and I allowed myself to be flexible and go with the flow. So much that when I tried to put gas on the rental car the gas station guy came running.... I guess you don´t pour your own gas in New Jersey. Besides, I think he noticed I could not figure out how to open the gas thing.... Not only did I look like I wanted to rob the gas station but it also looked like I had stolen the car I was driving as I did not know how to open the gas door. When I look back, all I can do is smile like the time I ate the gallop of butter off the pancake thinking it was whip cream because who on earth puts butter on a pancake... pre US days!

My trip taught me one thing for sure, I walk between the world and I trust Spirit because it never leaves me. Whether it is to show me the way on a subway or  push me away from trouble. They are always there, they have my back and they are ready for me to do my work as well.

Blessings,

Carolina Amor


No comments:

Post a Comment